There are certain characteristics that make up every successful and top-earning salesperson, and the same holds true for the top performers here at National Agents Alliance. Not everyone possesses all these traits, but you may want to consider adopting and strengthening yourself in them in order to make more sales, and reach success faster.
According to Entrepreneur.com the following were found to be the most common traits of a successful salesperson:
- A burning desire to prove something to someone: When someone doubts your dreams or your abilities, it creates a burning desire to prove them wrong. This drive to show someone that you can do it helps to push you even harder in achieving your goals.
- An interest in others: At National Agents Alliance, we strive to have fun, make money, and MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Helping others is at the core of our values and beliefs. Every insurance agent should be invested in helping their clients in every possible way, including going above and beyond the call of duty.
- Confidence and strength: You can tell someone has confidence by just looking at them—it’s how they carry themselves and the look on their face. By exuding confidence, others develop confidence and trust in you.
- Empathy: Having a sincere interest in your customers and their well-being creates trust that allows you to serve not only your prospects, but their friends, relatives and acquaintances that’ll be referred to you.
- A focus on goals: First step to success is creating goals and writing down those goals. You need a clear picture of what you’re working towards and when you expect to reach your goals. This helps you maintain your focus every day. As Andy Albright said, “always have the end in mind.”
- Persistence: Actively working towards your goal each and every day is key in reaching success. Success is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. “The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning. “- Denis Waitley
- Enthusiasm through difficult situations: You can’t control what happens to you, but you can control how you react to it. With enthusiasm and a positive attitude you can still make each day a day of accomplishment and fulfillment. When you actually take a step back and analyze the situation, most of the time it isn’t as bad as you thought.
- A positive attitude: Maintaining a positive attitude helps keep negativity from creeping in, and keeps you on the path to success. Don’t allow doubts and negativity to chip away at your drive to reach your goals.
- An understanding that people come before money: Not everything is about making the sale, we are in the business to help people. If you’re driven solely by money, and not the passion of what you do, you’ll never reach true success.
- An investment in their minds: Successful people are lifelong learners. Andy Albright stated in his book, 8 Steps to Success, that “learning something new should be a part of your daily lives.” Success is built on continuously learning how to perfect their craft and how to make their business better. Learning from the leaders of the industry is how you become better yourself, so be sure to leverage the tools that National Agents Alliance provides for you to do this!